Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Wednesday Recommendation .. 'Cause Life's No Good Without Music!

I don't know about you, but to me, music's to a great extent weaved into the fabric of my life.. *poetic alter ego's very proud right now*.

I've depended on it numerous times to change my mood, distract me from melancholic or distressing thoughts, reminisce about the times when I first heard something in particular or about what that particular something resembles... Some tracks or pieces of music are, and forever will be attached to certain situations and certain people in my mind.. and seriously, without music, life would just feel... empty! (in a way)..

I'm not (strictly) confined to specific genres or artists.. experimenting with this stuff is always rewarding.. you discover that you like a lot more than what you thought you liked..
So, while I hold some of my playlists very dear to me and listen to them uncontrollably, I'm also always on the lookout for the new..

This is where something like Last FM's online radio proves to be extremely useful. What's special about this one in particular, is that you can direct it to play things similar to what you like.. So you can play music similar to Coldplay or any other artist.. Or maybe play music according to a certain tag; "instrumental", "uplifting", "calm", "study to".. or anything you could come up with..

In addition to that, if you take the 49 seconds to sign up for an account, you can join a huge community of listeners from all around the world, comment on the played tracks, help improve the played tracks on the radio by tagging music yourself, and discover even more music you most probably are going to like through the listeners... and that would be why it earned a spot on my recommendations.. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Post a Comment