Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Mittwoch Recommendation!

KUNG FU PANDA!!!! AJJJAAAAAA!



Are you prepared for AWESOMENESS?!

"There's no charge for awesomeness.... or attractiveness" xD

Po the panda is the laziest of all animals in the valley of Peace, working at a noodle shop with his dad and has a secret fascination of Kung Fu and the "Furious Five", the best trained Kung Fu fighters they know of.
Po unwittingly becomes named the "Dragon Warrior", the only Kung Fu warrior that gets to see the dragon scroll- the secret to limitless power!

You'd think the storyline is pretty simple, but the execution exceeds all expectations! The people were roaring with laughter.. and I personally was getting teary-eyed at some points 'cause I was laughing so hard.

What else to expect when Jack Black's performing the voice of our hero, Po?!
And the "Furious Five"? Angelina Jolie, Jackie Chan, Lucy Liu, David Cross and Seth Rogen!
AND Dustin Hoffman as "Shifu" (master in Chinese).

The Chinese are actually envious of Hollywood for producing a Chinese-natured film better than they could've.


N' here are some of the lines I LURVED from the movie :

[first lines]
Po: Legend tells of a legendary warrior whose kung fu skills were the stuff of legend. It is said that his enemies would go blind from over-exposure to pure awesomeness!

Po: [standing before a training dummy] Hey, what you got? You got nothing because I got it right here. You picking on my friends? Get ready to feel the thunder. Come out with the crazy feet. What you goin' to do about the crazy feet. I'm a blur! I'm a blur! You never seen *Bear* style!

Tigress: It is said that the Dragon Warrior can go for months without eating, surviving on the dew of a single ginko leaf and the energy of the universe.
Po: Then I guess my body doesn't know I'm the Dragon Warrior yet. It's gonna take a lot more than dew, and, uh, universe juice.

Oogway: Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.

Tigress: Shifu loved Tai Lung like he had never loved anyone before... or since. And now, he has a chance to make things right. To train the true Dragon Warrior. And he's stuck with you, a big, fat panda who treats it like a joke.
[Po makes a sudden funny face and Tigress gets angry and attempts to smack him]
Tigress: Oh that is it!
Mantis: Wait, my fault! I accidentally tweaked his facial nerve!
[Po falls to the ground revealing a lot of needles in his back]
Mantis: And may have also stopped his heart.

Oogway: One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it.

Shifu: [after having dragged Po up the mountain and said Panda is trying to cool down.] Panda, we do not wash our pits in the Pool of Sacred Tears.
Po: [quickly shakes his hand off] The Pool of-?
Shifu: This is where Oogway unraveled the mysteries of harmony and focus. This is the birth place of kung fu.
[Po is shocked, and it shows a glimpse of Oogway before Shifu jumps up to a giant rock]
Shifu: Do you want to learn kung fu?
Po: Yah!
Shifu: Then I *am* your master!
Po: Okay!
[sniffles]
Shifu: Don't cry.
Po: Okay.
[wipes his nose and smiles]

Tai Lung: What are you going to, big guy? Sit on me?
Po: Don't tempt me.

Tai Lung: The Wuxi finger hold!
Po: Oh, you know this hold?
Tai Lung: You're bluffing. You're bluffing! Shifu didn't teach you that.
Po: Nope. I figured it out. Skadoosh!


And by the way, I think I've figured out the thing with the "Wuxi finger hold".. but won't explain here so I don't ruin it for people who want to find out for themselves.

If you've watched this piece of pure awesomeness and hadn't figured it out and would like to know, leave me a comment! ^^
Post a Comment