I'm only doing this for all the ones out there who think that P.S. I Love You is just another chick flick. It's not. It isn't all mushy and luvey-duvey or anything like it may seem.
It sends out a really good message about getting back on your feet after losing someone very important to you and I personally thought it was one eggstremely moving film. I'm pretty sure a lot of people will relate to it. And if they did, it would be a real tear-jerker.
The main attributes to the atmosphere it gives out were sweetness, sadness and lots of good light hearted humor. Can't ignore the huge awww factor either, accompanied by some very good music..
"PS I Love You" tracklist
01. Love You 'Till The End - The Pogues
02. Same Mistake - James Blunt
03. More Time - Needtobreathe
04. Carousel - Laura Izibor
05. Fortress - Hope
06. Last Train Home - Ryan Star
07. Rewind - Paolo Nutini
08. My Sweet Song - Toby Lightman (played near the end of the film, in a restaurant with Holly and Daniel)
09. No Other Love - Chuck Prophet
10. Everything We Had - The Academy Is...
11. In The Beginning - The Stills
12. If I Ever Leave This World Alive - Flogging Molly
13. P.S. I Love You - Nellie McKay
14. Kisses And Cake - John Powell
Also some of the songs I liked and weren't on the soundtrack are:
The Commitments - Mustang Sally (the song Gerry sang at the karaoke)
Prince - Gett Off (Holly's karaoke song)
Elvis Presley - Trouble (in the striptease scene but it may be a cover)
The Galway Girl (I like Steve Earle's version, sung by William/Gerry in the Irish pub)
The Pogues with Kirsty MacColl - Fairytale of New York (the song at the funeral)
P.S. Never judge a book by its cover.