Saturday, February 23, 2008

I used to..

I used to play tons of sports. Now, I'd feel lucky if I went up the 3 floors of our university C5 building without panting like an 80 year old who has managed to climb up the stairs of the Eiffel tower.

I used to think that most of the variables in my life aren't controllable by myself, which I then came to realize was a wrong assumption.

I used to be so addicted to coffee, I took it through an IV. Now, my largest caffeine consumption would be the one present in a mug of hot cocoa.. and I'm kind of compensating for the caffeine by having more chocolate, which I don't mind at all! But the downside of it manifests itself in the ugliest of ways... ><

I used to absolutely adore kitties... still do. ^^

I used to think happiness happens to a person. Now, I think happiness is self-inflicted.. "it's all in your mind" kinda thing.

I used to enjoy my "family day", but then it turned into an exceedingly painful ritual. I'd definitely bring it back to life in my own family though. Sorry, kids.

I used to strongly believe that what goes around comes around and to do unto people what you like to be done unto you.. and even more strongly believe in that now.

I used to listen to heavy rock and metal, but turned a lot softer over time. Now having Sinatra, Bocelli, Bublé and such artists abundantly on my playlists. Ohhh owkay, still with a pinch of the rocky flavor. I do have a soft spot for any kind of music that would unconsciously make you move(and not move to turn it off).

I used to be able to eat a whole lemon without wincing. Past-tense. Not a good choice for a sweet-tooth. But you can't really resist experimenting. ^^'

I used to read Christopher Pike, Fear Street and Goosebumps books. Haaahaa! xD *giving myself a pat on the back(the pitiful kind of pat)* "Reader beware! You're in for a scare!" xD oh me gosh... I like to think the reading taste has VASTLY improved.

I used to be really good at keeping in touch with my friends. Then I became a jerk. How do you find your way back out of there?

I used to think 20 was old. I was so very naive! 20's the bud of our blossoming lives. 30 would be a bud too. So would 40. And if I die at a hundred, I'd die a bud. "De-Nile isn't just a river in Egypt" as they would say. ^^'
Post a Comment